Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Kids Eat Free.....

Ok, so Sunday night Stephen and I are hungry so we decide to go out to eat. Lots of choices...I wouldn't have to cook for at least 2 months if we wanted to try a different place every night (which we won't!!!). So, we're in Texas now so we decided to find some good Texas BBQ. We decided to go to Dickey's which is REALLY good!! The one closest to us closed at 6 so we decided to go to Flower Mound...only about 10 minutes from home. We get there and there are children EVERYWHERE! and I do mean EVERYWHERE!!! There is literally even one hanging off of me!! ( and you think I'm kidding!) No, this child is literally hanging on to my rear end!!! The mother is totally embarrassed at this point, but I'm used to it! I'm a teacher!! Anyway, we got our food and sat down. We realized something peculiar....we are the ONLY people there without children. Kids screaming, food and napkins on the floor. If you didn't know any better, it would be like at Roadhouse with the peanut shells all over the place, except in this case it would be rolls, beans, and some other unidentifiable items.

THEN........................................ it all came clear to me. There was a sign on the table. Yep, you guessed it....Kids Eat Free Sunday and Wednesday nights....................enough said.................

Well, needless to say, Dickey's is off the list for a while, especially on Wednesdays and Sundays....

No comments: