Sunday, April 16, 2006

Drive Friendly - The Texas Way

As Stacey previously posted, looks like traffic patterns will have some control over our lives. There have been times which I could make it to and from work in a leisurely 30-35 minutes without any trouble, and then there have been two instances which came in at 50 minutes and one hour fifteen minutes.

Now, to be honest, I can easily tolerate the time, after all I was driving an hour ten minutes one way from Florence to Iuka, but the pace and the aggressiveness is another thing all together. I have to laugh at a sign that I see whenever we enter Texas, it says: "Welcome to Texas" and underneath the Texas flag, it has "Drive Friendly - The Texas Way". I still say that ought to be changed to a simple picture of what a friend of mine describes as the typical North Dallas kamikaze driver: a forty-something uppity redneck (think Ole Miss grad) driving his imported luxury car, talking on his cell phone, flipping off traffic while doing 80mph coming off the LBJ (I-635 for the non-locals).

No comments: