Monday, January 02, 2006

Back home again!

Well, at 7AM this morning, Stacey and I parted ways again and headed back on on the journey trying to get this Texas move complete. Thus, just under twelve hours later, I arrived back in Alabama. It's going to be some adjustment since we'd been back under the same roof since the 18th of December. Nice to be able to spend that much time together, just wish it could be permanent.

One good thing about being back here is that I've seen enough UT stuff to drown a longhorn steer (pun intended). I tried like crazy to find some Astros stuff, but every store was inundated with the Horns Rose Bowl Gear. Then again, maybe it's not so bad when you go to the sporting goods stores here and find nothing but hillbilly, hunting orange UT stuff.

We each had good Christmas'. Stacey received tons of scrapbooking tools and gadgets and I got tons of MSU and Astros stuff. I even managed to get some Dallas Cowboys stuff with my Christmas money. We also got a photo printer from my parents, so that will save us one headache with the elimination of the hated trip to Wal Mart for photo processing.

The weather in Texas has been almost unbelieveable. On Christmas Day it was nearly 80 and New Year's Day was 82. I could not believe seeing people in the Lufkin Mall wearing T-shirts, shorts and flip flops on New Year's Day. Unfortunately, the hot weather was contributing to the grass and wildfires in Texas (fortunately, none are near our family, but all areas are under burn bans). So far, there is no end in sight.

The job hunt continues, but things have been picking up. Two companies within an hour of Stacey's job has expressed interest and I have applied for a couple more places. Maybe things will get moving quickly.

And finally, yes, I enjoyed lots of good eating while I was away. My Fat Guys Club friends in Michigan would be jealous (Clear Springs, Cotton Patch, La Carreta, The BBQ House, Butcher Boys). Let's just say the onion rings at Clear Springs were at their finest...

No comments: