Thursday, January 12, 2006

Ramblings....

Here it is Friday Eve and I am SOOO excited tomorrow is Friday. I get to see Stephen tomorrow which I am VERY excited about! This has been a stressful week and I'm ready for it to end!! I had a workshop Tuesday and I'm starting to get REALLY stressed about an upcoming state mandated test that my kiddos have to take which they must pass in order to move on to 4th grade. The thought of possibly having some of these kids AGAIN for another year totally exasperates me! I'm not trying to be ugly, but......today was one of those moments though that make me proud to be a teacher. I have a kid who was retained in 3rd grade this year for that very reason (failing that test) and he is really bad and has a terrible home life. He's the one I mentioned just before Christmas about getting the toy from his secret santa. Anyways, we took an old released test from a year or two ago and he made a very high B on it. I was proud of him!! Not to mention he brought ALL of his homework back today for the first time this year. Small miracles.....Praise the Lord!!

I have gone crazy. I have gotten back into scrapbooking, full speed ahead!! In fact, the other night I went on EBay....evil.....I saw something scrapbooking I like. I should have never bid on that thing but I did. Stephen attributed it to me being a desperate housewife....well actually he said desperate heifer.....Well, I won the thing. I kept praying for a sniper to come in a steal it away from me but that never happened. I guess it was because the biggest college football game was on TV....Rose Bowl....Anyway, I am having to control myself about getting onto EBay!! My name is Stacey....and I'm a Scrapbookaholic!!

No comments: