Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Can I convert this to frequent flyer miles...

Oh me! In the past two weeks, I have driven 3000 miles. I never imagined doing that; not even with the craziness of our honeymoon (which was 1900). Two weeks ago, after driving to work for a week, I went to Little Rock and back (600+ miles plus driving in town. I returned home, then went to work (another 500+) and then a weekend round trip to Nacogdoches (1220 miles + in town driving) for a surprise anniversary party for Stacey's parents. You know those oil change guys are loving this...

As for the surprise party, it went well. I don't think they had a clue it was coming. I'll save the details for Stacey's next post.

While I was out in Texas, it rained like crazy (4-5" in 40 hours) - which was good since they are in a severe deficit situation (20" below normal). Yet, it was bad in the since that the roads were in awful shape and it delayed my return home. On the other hand, it meant spending an extra day with Stacey and getting some Cowboys gear dirt cheap. It was weird, some areas had grass just as green as spring, after the rains; while other areas were scorched.

No comments: