Friday, December 16, 2005

Out for the holidays!

One of the things I love about teaching is the holidays. The other 3 reasons I love teaching are June, July, and August! :) Just kidding! I love the children also. I am off for 2 weeks and I am so excited to be with Stephen for those 2 weeks. I am leaving in the morning to go to Florence until next Friday. Then, we are traveling back to Texas to spend Christmas with my family.

One of the neatest things happened today that just made my heart smile. I have a child in my class that is very much not wanted by neither mother nor father. He lives with grandma. It's a really bad situation. He is pretty poor. He is also the worst student in my class but I understand him. He has a very hard life. Anyway, another teacher, who wanted to remain anonymous, decided to get him one of the 2 things that he wanted for Christmas. He wanted more than anything a new remote control car. She bought it for him. You should have seen his eyes light up. It was priceless. That very much made my day. Even though he is a little stinker, he still deserves to be loved. To be honest with you, if I could, I would bring him home with me. He just needs attention. He craves it and unfortunately, gets the wrong kind of attention. I will never understand how some people can become "parents". I guess that is the one question I will ask God when I get to heaven.

No comments: