Thursday, October 19, 2006

Go Cowboys, Yellow Jackets, Lumberjacks, Bulldogs, Corndogs, Tigers...

What a week!

It's been crazy for all of us. Stacey attempted a break-neck attempt to finalize her crown only to be delayed by the flooding weather and an uncooperative medical professional. So, a couple of more weeks and she'll finally be done with that part of everything. I'm sure she'll be more than happy to fill you in on the rest of her eventful week when she manages to get online again...

Last weekend, we managed to go to the State Fair of Texas. I must say that I enjoyed it even though it is completely overrun with folks and in an atrocious area to access. I even managed to chomp down on a thingy called a corny-dog, which is known to the rest of the US as a corndog.

Of course, last Sunday was the Cowboys-Texans game at Texas Stadium. Wish I had some pictures to post, but Stacey headed out with the digital camera and has yet to send me the pics. Yet, Stacey mentioned that she learned a valuable lesson, never wear the opposing team's colors in Dallas (not that we did). We hopped a tram to the stadium along with 40-50 more Cowboys fans and they heckled and harrassed every Houston fan they saw on the way. Guess we have to keep the Houston stuff hid while going through Irving from now on. The weather was dreary and rainy and the Cowboys' offense was just as bad in the first half. Fortunately, we sat just under the overhang of the roof and got to see T.O.'s final touchdown happen right in front of us.
The Boys 34- Houston S*(%S 6

This weekend it's off to see Stacey's alma mater, SFA play the McNesse St. Cowboys for the homecoming game at SFA. Never been there for HC, hopefully it won't be a blowout. Hopefully, I will get to see our own Friday Night Lights tomorrow evening when Stacey's employer, Alto, is playing their district rival and their undefeated record is on the line.

How bout those Detroit Tigers?

Oh yeah, did I mention that the Bulldogs (MSU) finally won? All I can say is finally...


PS I started my Christmas shopping today, how about you?

No comments: