Monday, August 14, 2006

An interesting ride home

As you probably know, I spent the weekend in East Texas helping Stacey get ready for the start of the school year. On Sunday night, I was returning back to DFW and saw something on fire on the eastbound lane of the interstate near Kilgore, TX. As I got closer, I saw that there was an 18 wheeler rig on fire. Following the crowd, I pulled over to the shoulder in the westbound lane to make room for emergency personnel approaching. As I came to a stop, there was a concussion from an explosion - the truck's gas tanks and the fireball spanned across the eastbound lane and into the median. Amazingly, no one was injured, just a charred mess. Fortunately, I got out before the freeway was shut down. Here's the story of the event from the Tyler Morning Telegraph. Photo courtesy the Tyler Morning Telegraph website.

No comments: