Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Hallelujah...Amen!

FINALLY!!!

I can finally say that it appears the job hunt is over. The latest trip to the Dallas Metroplex has proven fruitful. The interviews on Monday went well and I must say that for a change it was nice to finally feel like I was wanted, and not a back-up plan. I have an offer and have faxed back an acceptance. All that is left is to complete the drug screen, turn in my resignation, and get the ball rolling on getting the movers here to ship my belongings. The clock is ticking, but it appears that I will hit Texas by mid-April.

While it is tough to abandon my childhood dream of being a rocket scientist, I have had to learn some valuable lessons in my career choice and my faith. Sometimes, we have to evaluate our priorities and roll with the circumstances God puts in front of us in order to be in alignment with what He has in store for us. I have no idea where this ultimately will land us, but I remain confident that He will take care of us and bless us with being back under the same roof shortly. Speaking of that, well, it may been soon. Stacey found out that she has an interview at a nearby school next week, so this is coming together quickly.

While we are happy, okay excited, we are sad, too. Leaving the closeness to my parents is a heart wrenching decision. Leaving Highland Baptist Church in Florence will be another sad point because we will miss our friends and the ministries we are involved with.

For each of you out there who prayed for Stacey and me, I want to express my gratitude for keeping us in your prayers. I cannot express what it has meant to have the prayers especially after the rejections, non-responses, or dropped contacts. Our faith has grown and some day I hope I can express it in a way that truly honors God.

No comments: