Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Trip Home


Well, after 7 months away from Alabama, I finally got to go home and see my family for Thanksgiving. Yes, I was homesick for the Heart of Dixie and the trip couldn't have come soon enough. Of course, being home with my folks was the highlight of the trip. We even took a stroll over to Starkville, MS, got to hang out with the best man at our wedding and went to check out all the happenings at MSU. Lots of changes - in the 1.5 years since I have been to Starkpatch and some of it wasn't recognizable. We got to eat at Big Bob Gibson's in Decatur, AL and that settled my pork BBQ cravings and we ate at the local Jack's Hamburger stand a couple of times while dusting off those steak biscuits.

Also, one of the fun parts of the trip was getting to play with the lab mix we got for my parents last Christmas. Buster is all grown up now, but he's still a big puppy. As some of you may know, I kept him for a week last December while I was waiting to give him to my dad. Unfortunately, he's no longer a little fella and there is no way I could pull him out from the Christmas tree anymore (without losing a hand). I tried to get some good photos of him, but he won't be still long enough to get a good photo of him. Yet, he's still a darn good doggy!

As you might suspect, here's a picture of Buster doing what he does best - begging for my mom to pet (or feed) him. Trust me, he eats better than Stacey and I, so no wonder he's looking for more chow. The Chowhound is quite the charmer, the first time she picked Buster up, he licked her cheek. Some things never change...

No comments: