Sunday, November 05, 2006

Best Birthday Ever!!!

I am officially 30 now. I don't feel any different!! I am quite tired though. I don't really think it's because of being older. It's just been a wild weekend. Not that it was wild, just crazy!! My family took me out to dinner Friday night at my new favorite place to eat, Jalapeno Tree. Of course I got embarrassed when they all came out to sing to me and I had to wear a sombrero. We got back to my sister's house to open birthday presents and have cake. My nephew has been sick, so he got worse. My sister had to hunt down a thermometer to take his temp. Meanwhile, my little 4 year old niece, Lauren, starts suddenly having sharp pains in her lower right side. We automatically assumed appendix, so we load her into the car and take her to the emergency room. We were there until 2 am when they finally admitted her into the hospital. They say now they don't think that's what it was, but I have my suspicions. They basically told my sister they had no idea what it really was but just hope it doesn't happen again. Whatever!!

Speaking of emergency rooms, Stephen and I had quite the time people watching!!! You can really see some crazy folks in an ER on a Friday night!! Let me tell you!! There was 1 woman who was majorly strung out on something!! She was the patient and she was dancing around the waiting room. There was a man that came in with possible heart attack and they made him wait until they could do paper work. Stephen was sure to tell me to never bring him there if he was having chest pain. Bad!! I could go on and on!! You would have just had to see it!! If you ever need entertainment, there you go!

Honestly, this was the best birthday ever!! My family took care of me!! Stephen came to work with me Friday and was my "aide"!! He can grade papers like no other!! He's handy to have around!! :-) He works pretty cheap too!!

1 comment:

Sara said...

happy birthday stacey!!!!