Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Happy (Sniff, Snort) Thanksgiving!

Well, I have been suffering with the sniffles, sneezes and snorts for over three weeks now. Stacey and my poor co-workers have been listening to my wild sneezing fits about every other day, I'm sure their eardrums are almost bleeding. Monday night, I got very little sleep and I left work Tuesday afternoon and was absolutely miserable because I couldn't breathe. I finally gave in and went to the doctor. Once again, a sinus infection. Fortunately for me, I got a shot and some medication and hopefully will start feeling better by the weekend.

Also, on top of getting to spend the entire day together, Stacey and I were able to go to Huntsville and Decatur to do a little shopping. We finally have Christmas shopping almost wrapped up except for a couple of items on our own wishlists and now can spend a worry-free December. We also got to hit our favorite BBQ place - Big Bob Gibson's in Decatur. I'm still full for the delicious BBQ and half rack of ribs. For the BBQ challenged and non-Alabamians, Big Bob Gibson's has won 6 or more World BBQ Championships at Memphis in May, won the Best Sauce on the Planet Award back in 1998, and hosts the All-Star BBQ Challenge on OLN. These boys know what REAL BBQ is all about and it's a NOUN, NOT A VERB! for our grilling challenged friends.

Thanksgiving day will consist of us going to my aunt and uncle's house in Crane Hill followed by spending the rest of the time with my parents. I'm sure we'll eat a ton, have a good time visiting with the kin folks, and watching football between naps. I'm sure the Cowboys game will not go unnoticed. :-)

No comments: