Monday, March 05, 2007

Sooner or Later

I had to go back through Oklahoma again and let me tell you, it was desolate. I'm currently in Springdale, AR attending a class for work and using the hotel computer. 5 1/2 hours through the backwoods of SE Oklahoma and NW Arkansas will give you a new appreciation for the 5 million inhabitants of the metroplex. Needless to say, my co-horts have lots of dueling banjo stories to tell. There's no telling what will happen before the week is up...

Let me end it by saying that I know why Carrie Underwood wrote a song about not being in Checotah (OK) anymore.

2 comments:

Sara said...

You know they have a big sign outside of Checotah on the highway now that says "Home of Carrie Underwood American Idol 2005." We saw it on our way from Muskogee to Tulsa... I swear, everywhere in OK is "Home of Somebody Either Remotely or Actually Famous." It's as bad as Michigan with its "____ City USA" every few miles.

Stephen said...

The sad thing is not only do they have a highway sign, but a billboard too.